I don't even know where to begin.....
My parents were supposed to take a group of Young Single Adults up to the cabin this weekend and the trip fell through. So, last minute my mom invited Tim, Oliver and I to join her. I was a little hesitant because I knew Tim could only stay for one night and I had plans to go to a baby shower and a pumpkin patch but we decided to go anyway. I have been itching to be in some legit fall weather and to see some leaves with a little bit of color in it and that is exactly what I got!
For some reason when we are at the cabin Oliver does not simply just fall down, he rolls
Grandma is the BEST! We were so glad she invited us
Oliver loves to sit on the side of the creek and throw rocks in
Pictures do not do the trees and their beautiful leaves justice
Just laying in the leaves with Oliver. Can't even tell you how much I love this boy. He makes me crazy sometimes but I love him to death!
Oliver was very interested in sweeping the leaves (I think the broom was more manageable than the rake?)
The Cabin
It was FREEZING! We had a fire every night and every morning. We drank hot chocolate and lazed around in PJ's 'till 10am. Oliver had a rough time sleeping because it was so cold, so he ended up with me almost every night. It was kind of nice in a way. He typically won't snuggle with me so I got to have my snugly baby back for a couple of nights. Except for the last night when he woke up at 4 am and we spent 45 min playing in the bathroom with the heater on because we didn't want to wake up Logan and I was too cold (and scared) to go outside and get wood to start a fire. But, it was fun to be cold.
Ok, this hat! I am obsessed with it. I know it's kind of special looking and I never would have bought it for him, but a sweet little British lady who was a patient at the Drs office I worked at made it for him and I just think it is so funny! And I kind of love it and I love that he wears it!
I'm pretty sure Oliver is convinced these two are his other set of parents
Logan came down from school and my dad drove up for the last night there. I love these people, they are kind of like Oliver, they make me crazy sometimes but I love them to death!
Worlds best uncle
Oliver goes around (once it's not 4 AM) and wakes everyone up. I'm sure Logan loves that I am posting his puffy morning smile, but I couldn't resist with how sweet this picture is
Saturday morning my dad and I went on a run. We needed to get 10 miles in because we are running a half marathon next weekend. I can't begin to tell you how amazing this run was. There were a few times that I actually teared up because of how beautiful the surroundings were. It was 7 AM so the morning sun was soft and the colors of the leaves were indescribable. There were times where we were running on blankets of leaves. And a couple of times I felt like I was in a fantasy land. And the best part? I felt great the entire time which doesn't happen that often during long runs. It was just one of those perfect moments that doesn't happen very often and you just hope you can remember it forever. (cheesy? yes but so true)
I made my dad stop so we could take a picture. This was one of those mornings that needed to be documented and remembered
Oliver was not quite sure how he felt about sitting in a pile of leaves
But he LOVED watching uncle Logan and Grandpa cutting wood (I even took a few swings with the axe and let me tell you, cutting wood is not for the faint of heart or muscle. That is some tough stuff)
He didn't love the ride I gave him in it, but he loved to pretend like he was pushing it
Saturday afternoon Oliver and I drove with my dad back to Phoenix to get ready for our wards Trunk r' Treat. My dad was the MC and decided to dress up as Elwood from the Blues Brothers. I waited in line for 30 minutes that the dumb Spirit Halloween store to buy him som Black hairspray dye and sideburns. I think it was worth it though. His costume was fantastic!
I love Oliver Photo Bombing
Oliver was Dobby (Costume dilemma solved) It was pretty easy to make and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. It's fun to be in the same ward as cousins. Cooper was a Soldier and Max was a Lion
Elwood and Dobby
This balloon made his night. I tied it around his wrist and he walked around the parking lot like he owned the place. It reminded me a little bit of ET. It was so cute and I was so sad that Tim had to work. It was cute watching Olie walk up to peoples trunks and just stare at them. He can say "pees" and so I was hoping he'd get that out (I was not even thinking about teaching him "Tick 'r Treat"), but he'd have none of it. He did start to realize people were offering him candy so he decided to take nice big handfulls until I'd intervene and say one. It was pretty cute! (I'm sure only a first time mom thinks that's cute, I'm sure everyone else was eye rolling)
First sucker ever! He loved it.
I think Oliver is soled on Halloween and I am actually glad that he ended up in a costume that wasn't too hot or too expensive.



















Awe, good ole Mrs. S...That hat is so great, I love it so much! What is Elizabeth going to be for Halloween?
ReplyDelete