Have I mentioned that my moms house is not quite child proof? I know she likes to think that it mostly is because she has 6 grandkids that visit her frequently (one that's currently living with her), but I think to qualify for "childproof" you have to have at least one child lock on at least one cupboard which she has none (not that I'm complaining about a free place to live or anything........thanks again mom :). Anyway, I have gotten a little tired of chasing O around and saving him from breaking something or becoming injured so, lately Oliver and I have been spending more time in the basement. It's pretty close to child proof and I am not nearly worried about him breaking things or injuring himself. He loves to play with the pool balls (which I am trying to teach him are not the type of balls we throw). And the air-hockey "pushers" (what are those even called?). He loves all of the toys including the policeman/fireman house. And he LOVES all of the rockband Wii accessories and the karaoke machine. Today Oliver discovered the microphone and lets just say that his life may be changed forever. I think I have a future star on my hands.
I feel like I need to thank my grandpa Riding for feeling the need to even put in a basement. Basements are hard to come by in Phoenix and when he built this house something inspired him to put one in. Whatever the reason we are grateful to him. It definitely makes life easier for me some days.








No comments:
Post a Comment