Anyway, since forever I have been hauling around a big box of pictures (pre-digital camera days). They are a giant pain in my bum. And since I refuse to scrapbook with actual paper and glue I know the only way I will ever do anything with them is if I scan them and get them on my computer in a digital form. So I started on Monday. Tim's been working lots so I have had lots of time. And I scan them two at a time. I have already scanned over 300 photos and I am only 1/4 the way done. I definitely have my work cut out for me, but I know that I will be so glad that I have them all digital and maybe someday I will even do a little shutterfly book. The other nice thing is that I am weeding through all the bad pictures. Remember before you knew what you were developing and half of the pictures look so awful. Oh and the doubles, don't forget those. For some reason I NEEDED to have two copies of every picture. What if something happened to one of the copies?!?!?! At any rate, it's been pretty entertaining. Looking at all these old pictures. Definitely a walk down memory lane. Some of the pictures I think "look how cute I was", and others "what am I wearing?", and the saddest "why didn't anyone take it upon themselves to help a sista' out, seriously?". I thought I would go ahead and share just a few. And if you thought you knew me before, just you wait. And I know that Whitney (shout out) will especially appreciate some of these pictures. So enjoy laughing with me at my wonderful past and let's be so grateful that there wasn't always digital 'cause we might not have a lot of these pictures if there was :)
I'm so sad for my hair right here and the fact that my denim shirt is buttoned ALL THE WAY UP!
Post dance performance (of course I left on my hot lipstick and blue eyeshadow) with Whitney's two best friends who were always so sweet to me even though they were older and cooler
I can't even come up with an explanation
Yes, that is me and yes that is my dark curly hair, and yes I was funny looking as a baby
I don't think I appreciated my nice legs in high school like I should have :)
I think I am mostly sad for Whit's shoes in this picture. Those awesome straw Roxy sandals that we sooooo cool! (sorry to call you out Whit, it's just the truth). And please note that for some reason they didn't make long shirts in the late 90's early 00's
Just looking pretty awkward in my mom's wedding dress
Hanging with my girls in third grade
Eighth grade started out kinda cute, but ended with the growth of awkward bangs and clothes that were slightly too big
Don't all girls get together with their neighbor friends and play dress up and then walk around the neighborhood and ask the other neighbors to take pictures of them? No? Ya, that is so awkward. I feel awkward just thinking that we used to do that!
First day of eighth grade and my Birthday
I just look kinda obnoxious in this picture, like I'm up to something
So Cute!! I actually see a little bit of O in this picture
Eighth grade graduation. I paid someone to make my hair look like that????
What up home girl? That right there is for realz
Just getting ready for another dance performance, now you can see why moving to Provo for school gave me a little bit of a culture shock.
I love so much that I put my short hair OVER the ear warmer. This was actually a really fun trip and one of my top 10 high school memories
Ahhhhh sisters! She totally beat me through the obstacle course. It was around this time (the end of her senior year) that I think we really genuinely became best friends and got along ALL the time.


















Haha. These are so funny. And I have so many pictures like them!
ReplyDeletethe dance squad picture in the jeans and bandannas. i die. that is all.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I just lol'd at your gangsta' picture! Great!
ReplyDeleteFor real about appreciating our high shool bodies! I should have been wearing a bikini for sure ;) These are AMAZING and totally remind me of my childhood. You are so great to scan all these in. One word for you INSPIRING!
ReplyDelete