Friday, October 19, 2012

Sitting In the Bucket

Sometimes there's not a lot going on, so we sit in a bucket.........
You may not be able to tell from the picture, but he quite likes it ;)
He also likes to get into the big Newspaper basket and sit in there too.
I wonder why?

Last month Costco had these really great pots and pans on sale. We decided to get my mom a set since she was in need of some new ones. (We are kinda trying to buy her love and at the same time convince her that it is really beneficial that we are living at her house because we can afford nice Birthday gifts with all the money she is saving us.) After using her new delightful pots and pans I felt the need to remind Tim how awful ours are (the ones that are just sitting in storage collecting dust) and what a fantastic deal these ones were and how nice they are. I did a good job convincing him that we most definitely needed to go and buy these pans while they were still on sale. 
So I did.
And now they are sitting in the box in my moms office just waiting........

And as I was helping Whitney organize her pantry we stumbled upon some great chicken wire baskets at target in the dollar section (even though the baskets were $2.50) and well, the stuff in the dollar section doesn't last long. 
How cute are those baskets? 
I will for sure need those someday. 
So I told Tim all of that and now I have four baskets sitting next to the new pots and pans in my moms office just waiting..........

Today I was at Marshalls looking for a Birthday present for my sister-in-law. I decided to just browse through the home decor and I found THREE different items that I just needed to have. 
This time I refrained,
but I can't stop thinking about them. 
And it's Marshall's, they could all be gone right now as I type. What a sad thought. I may need to talk to Tim when he gets home and do some convincing :)

After Tim and I got married I discovered that I really enjoyed decorating. (It makes sense because my grandmother, mother and two aunts are fantastic at it) But, I never thought it would be something I'd enjoy as much as I do.
And when we moved into our larger apartment in San Diego I wanted nothing more than to use my beautiful apartment to host get togethers and have friends over. All. The. Time!
So, it's kind of weird living at my mom's house (which is so very comfortable and beautifully decorated), because I temporarily don't have the creative space that I was used to working with. A place that made buying things like pots and pans and baskets and pretty things from Marshalls worthwhile. 

I find myself trying to help other people with their spaces (like Whitney with her pantry and yesterday we started on her closet). I like it. It's fun to help other people and spend time with them. And I also find myself daydreaming of owning a house someday and being able to decorate it and I'm constantly pinning pretty things to reference when that day comes.

And I've decided it's ok to collect some pretty things (not a lot, but some) while I'm waiting for my own space......it's kinda like sitting in a bucket.......I'm sure people wonder why I like it, but when there's not a lot going on sometimes its what we do.

1 comment:

  1. So I have an entire huge house that needs some major help...If you ever need a project or 20, I've got some space to donate to the cause! :)

    ReplyDelete