Conference weekend is one of the best weekends of the year. I love to have an excuse to sit and be uplifted and inspired by living prophets and church leaders. And they always have such wonderful things to say. I was especially touched by President Uchtdorf's talk. He talked about not only living in the moment and enjoying each day. Life is not just about getting where we are going, but about enjoying the journey along with all the smooth and bumpy roads we take to get to the end. He also talked about becoming the person that God wants us to become. He reminded me that Heavenly Father knows me way better than I know myself. He knows what I am capable of and the wonderful things I can do. It is up to me to become all that he knows I can be. His talk was just one of many that lifted my spirits and inspired me.
Tim stayed awake for the first 10 mins and then was out after that. That's what happens when you work 'till 3 am the night before :(
The kids were pretty well behaved while the adults watched and the babies were all sleeping
Unfortunately my parents were out of town this weekend, but that didn't stop Tim and I from having the siblings and Uncle Kyle over for some delicious crepes to get ready to listen to conference. You see, my dad is the master crepe maker, probably because he has leather fingers that can easily touch the frying pan and flip the crepes without injury. I stepped up to the plate today and sacrificed by finger tips, but it was for a good cause. They were pretty delish and it was fun to sit around with the fam.
Oliver was my cheerleader. We made crepes while Tim slept.
The crepe making station (I used 11 cups of milk and made A LOT of crepes)
Gotta have a eating around that table shot
Little kids too
So Good!
Tim just finished working his fourth night in a row and now he has an entire week off of work, what are we even going to do with ourselves!!! Let's just say this week is going to be AMAZING!
Fun! We had crepes, too. Always reminds me of Rachel :)
ReplyDelete