Saturday, September 22, 2012

Brought me to tears

When I was a little girl my grandpa Frank and grandma Gail thought I looked just like this little girl
In fact they even tried to recreate this picture with me, beret and all (unfortunately I don't know where that photo is). And I thought Mme Thenardier's solo in "Master of the House" was the best thing that ever happened and I would prance around singing it, replacing the naughty words with nicer ones. I think that was just the start of my love for Les Miserables.

I am obsessed with musicals. Especially when they are live! There is something about a Broadway show that moves me. Every time I sit down to see a show and they dim the lights and the orchestra starts to play I am swept away into a totally different world. Hands down my all time favorite show and the one that I have seen the most (I have actually lost count) is Les Miserables. Everything about this show is amazing. The music, the story line, it's just so fantastic. So, you can imagine my giddiness when I found out they were making the musical movie! I own the live action movie, and the BBC 10th anniversary Concert at London's Royal Albert Hall DVD, and I've read the abridged book (one of my favorite books, seriously? it's a life changer so if you haven't already read it, you should put it on your "to read" list). So, I'm a pretty big fan. And yesterday Logan (who is visiting from school for the weekend) shared the following with me:



I watched it twice and teared up both times. And then of course I had to watch the trailer a million times



I love that the singing is live and that the actors are really singing the emotions. AMAZING!!! Now I just hope I can find myself a babysitter for Christmas Day ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for sharing that first look. I was excited before, but after watching that, I cannot wait. It made me cry too.

    Yay for awesome musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh I am so excited too! I also love musicals. If only we could see it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goose bumps! Ditto to what Erin said - wish we could see it together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we COULD see it together!!! What is everyone doing New Years?!?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete