There is nothing like a good project to make me feel like I am being productive and helpful. Today I went over to Whitney's house and we decided that we are going to organize her closets and cupboards and pantry and laundry room. It's not that they are so bad, it's just that she has three kids and they need a little attention and I am so EXCITED!!! What can I say? I've been organizing since I could move, according to my mom I always had my toys placed in an orderly fashion. So, I am going to start going over to my sisters house once a week until we get the job done. The best part? I get to hang out with Whitney and she is one of my bestest friends and favorite people. She is so easy to talk to and hilarious. The second best part? Oliver loves it at her house and really likes playing with his cousins and their endless amount of toys. Next week I'll post some before pictures and then we'll see how it goes.
The first thing we are going to do is decide what she keeps and what she donates of discards. Here are the things I suggested she think about when making those decisions:
- How often do you use the item? - will you honestly think to yourself, "I wish I had that, it would really come in handy?" or will you not even notice that it's missing?
- Is the item expensive? - If you got rid of it could it easily be replaced? like at the dollar store?
- Is the item sentimental? - If so is there a good way to keep them grouped and organized?
- Is the item outdated or expired? - old clothes, home decor or food
- Are you moderate in the number of things that you have? - Sets of dishes, toys, vases, etc.
Here goes nothing........
Just look at how much fun we have together
No comments:
Post a Comment