Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pinterest and Crafting

I have a love hate relationship with pinterest. It is full of tons of great ideas and inspiration, but it can sometimes leave me wanting more and feeling kinda lame. But, it really is full of tons of wonderful ideas that are all in one place, right at your fingertips. I feel like it's people sharing good ideas and instead of having to surf the internet they are just laid out for you right there in pins and on boards. I have also discovered that I am much better at pinning than I am at actually doing the pins. Which then makes me feel like I've created a little virtual life for myself which is really just a bunch of pinned good intentions. But, every once in a while I'll actually make or do something I pinned. Like the day I did this hairstyle:

Tutorial found here


And a couple of weeks ago I made this meal (which was so easy and so delish by the way)
I made it with broccoli instead of green beans. The directions are below because they were directly on pinterest. (I didn't have a picture of the food so I stole the original)
4-6 raw chicken breasts, new potatoes, green beans (fresh or canned-really any green veggie would work. Broccoli is good, too). Arrange in 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then top with a melted stick of butter. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!


And today I had a friend over for a little crafting and I made this little gem. The best part? It was super easy and I whipped it out in one crafting session, totting one year old and all.


I used 22 photos

You can buy the wire wreaths at Michaels. This larger one was around $4

And of course a hot glue gun

The finished product

I think the picture with O holding the bottle is a little out of place, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The one from pinterest had really old family photos (found here). I wanted to use current ones, but I still wanted them to have the "old time" feel. So, I just chose a few pictures and then edited them in iPhoto either making them black and white, sepia, or antique and then had them printed at Costco. I wish I would have done a few more wallet sized photos (I only did two). This was the perfect little project for me right now because I can hang this up in my bedroom (almost anything else I made would require a house to display :)

I guess I have more love for pinterest than anything else, so yay for pinterest!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I heard someone describe Pinterest as "a place where you save all the good ideas you are never going to do". Mostly that sums it up, but I try a good recipe or craft occassionaly too. I'm going to try the recipe you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hairdo, cute wreath :. I'm going to try that recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those things look great! I agree with how you feel about pinterest. Sometimes I feel lame that I don't spray paint and reupholster all my folding chairs. But I also love getting fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete