Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oliver and the Hose

My sweet little boy is busy. I know what you are thinking, most little boys that age are busy and to that I reply, "I know". But the thing is, we have been around other little boys Oliver's age (I have two nephews that are weeks and months close to him) and Oliver trumps their business. He is only interested in something for a minute at most before he moves on to the next thing. Unless that item is dangerous, fragil, or ruinable, then he'll stick around and see what damage he can inflict. He doesn't do it maliciously, just in the name of curiosity. Oh, and he is super duper independent. He does not need help and would prefer to explore solo. I am imagining that Tim was the exact same way, so hopefully the outcome will be just as good :)

I've been racking my brain trying to think of things I can let him play with and do that will distract him for long enough that I can sit down and today I found it: THE HOSE!



The watering can was also a plus



I love it when he does something and then looks up and laugh like "did you see how funny I was just now mom?"




That little guy was in heaven for an entire thirty minutes. He drank hose water (gross, but whatever) and blew bubbles and splashed around. And I only had to intervene or say no like three times. It was fantastic. And you should have seen the fit he threw when I took him inside for a nap. This may become a morning ritual.

I love the intsagram filters. They're so great

Prior to the hose party we went on a very nice walk. I am kind of obsessed with the "cooler" weather we've been having

PS I found the perfect fall list on pinterest. It's so cute. I would love to do everything (minus the coffee drinks, 'cause I don't drink coffee). You'll find the list here.

2 comments:

  1. You just let me know if you need more ideas for busier-than-usual toddlers...I guess that's what we get for marrying geniuses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know I am always good for more ideas! Lets hope that these busy boys pay off :)

      Delete